The goal and commitment of Polk County Fresh Water Supply District No. 2 is to provide safe treatment of wastewater that protects the local environment and our natural resources.
Polk County Fresh Water Supply District No. 2 was established in 1976 as a Fresh Water Supply District. The District was originally operated by the Trinity River Authority and a Board of Directors.
In 1997 the Texas State Legislature changed the the District's status to a Municipal Utility District, which enabled the local District to issue bonds. These first bonds were issued at an average of 4% interest. The original Trinity River Authority bonds, which were at 9.4%, were refunded in the new bond issue.
The new District assumed operations in December 1997, and contracted with Severn Trent to operate the collection and operations of the system. On August 1, 2007 the District terminated this contract with Severn Trent and assumed in-house operations of the entire District.
Since 1996, the District has grown from approximately 1200 connection to 2100. Part of this growth is due to aggressive planning and expansion of the system.
The District operates under the regulatory auspices of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
8:00 A.M. to Noon
(936) 646-7044 Fax
2619 FM 3459
PO Box 2250
Onalaska, TX 77360-2250
The content in this website is provided by Polk County Fresh Water Supply District No. 2 County Fresh Water Supply District No. 2 ("District") for informational purposes only. This website and the information contained herein should not be relied upon or used as current information for the purposes of securities disclosure about the District, its financial condition, the bonds of the District, or property in the District. Persons should not rely upon information in this website when considering whether to buy, sell, or hold property within the District. The District assumes no duty to update any information on this website at any time.